Elastic, Acrylic Emulsion Based Exterior Paint
ISONEM BE 99 is an exterior paint that forms an elastic and waterproof layer on the surfaces applied after drying up. It offers a decorative coating, it is acrylic emulsion based. It does not contain solvents and has an elasticity of 300%, it can be applied on dry or slightly humid surfaces. It is highly resistant against UV radiation and climatic conditions.
Although it is waterproof, it allows the penetration of vapors this characteristic allows the building to breathe and prevents the formation of humid or moist inside the building. Its special formula keeps the surfaces free from pollution and stains and maintains its original appearance for many years, it prevents the generation of carbon dioxide inside the buildings and due to this characteristic, it reduces carbonization formation and protects the accessories inside the concrete.
It also protects the building against external effects created by factors such as rain, air pollution, traffic, etc. Due to its high elasticity, it is not affected from the cracks that might occur on the surface of the buildings; and is inflammable.
- Exterior walls, also it can be easily applied as a waterproofing material for roofs and balconies, canals, chimney surroundings, gutters and strainers in wide area and detailed, flat or inclined roofs
- On all types of external surfaces coated with plaster or paint
- On old coatings such as \”Kaleterasit\”
- On exterior walls, on metal, glass, wood surfaces, etc.
- During the painting of gross concrete or pre-fabricated structures.
- Ready to use
- Low labour cost
- Remains flexible at low temperatures
- Permits water vapour to the surface
- Can be thinned with water, solvent-free
- UV resistant
- Form: Appearance / Color Liquid
- Chemical Base: Acrylic emulsion based
- Density: 1.45 kg/dm3, + 20°C
- Solids Content: % 70, 105°C
- Elongation at Break: %300 at +23°C
- Application Thickness: Can be applied in 2-3 layers
- Application Temperature: + 5°C – +35°C
- Color: White, or in any color
- Interval between each application: approx. 4 hours
- Water Vapor Transmission: 20 g/m²
- Tensile Strength: 2 N/mm2 at + 23°C
- Substrate must be clean, uniform, dry, free of dust, oil or grease and loose or weak particles
- Surface defects and voids should be repaired with ISONEM M 03 repair mortar. If there is dilatation, dilatation insulation must be made with ISONEM A4 beforehand.
- Application surface should be primed by ISONEM UNIVERSAL PRIMER by consumption of 200-300gr/m² with a single coat.
Application can be done by brush, roller or appropriate sprayer in two layers.
Waiting time depends on the ambient temperature, substrate temperature, relative humidity and the thickness of coating applied. Before applying the second layer, make sure that the first layer is totally cured and dry. Wait 4 hours (at 23°C and %50 relative humidity).
- This product is not generally suitable on its own for waterproofing against hydrostatic pressure
- It is recommended to reinforce the vertical and horizontal joints of excessively cracked surfaces by using geotextile protection layer
- Freshly applied material should be protected from rain and/or frost for 24 hours
- Applications to be exposed to direct sunlight, should be at least 1 mm thick
- ISONEM BE 99 should not be applied during rain, fog and temperatures below +5°C.
- ISONEM BE 99 is applied at 23°C
- Achieves its mechanical strength after three days
- Becomes fully waterproof after almost seven days
- Reaches its final strength values after fourteen days
- At low temperatures, above mentioned durations can be longer
- All the afore-mentioned times refer to +23°C and 50% relative
Approx. 0,8 – 1 kg/m2 (primer + 2 layers)
5 kg, 10 kg and 18 kg PE Bucket
24 months from date of production if stored properly in unopened and undamaged original sealed containers at temperatures between +5°C to +35°C at dry conditions. Protect from excessive temperature and frost.
Clean all tools and application equipment with clean water immediately after use.